"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin is a pumpkin...

It is the Monday before Halloween and anyone who knows the Florida Hawthornes know that when it is the Monday before Halloween the traditions start coming out of the wood works. Most years the tradition begins with the girls and I hunting and hunting until we find the perfect pumpkin patch, followed by the perfect pumpkins, lots of pictures, only to return home and share all of our excitement with Nathan. We always start the week off with pumpkin carving as our Family Home Evening activity. Then as the week progresses Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin arrive to join the fun.


I wish I could say this year wasn't any different, but it was. This year I cheated. I went to the super store, bought the pumpkins there, and then took the girls to the local pumpkin patch for pictures; pretty sad isn't it. What can I say I was mesmerized by the price tag. The total cost for two nice sized pumpkins, $6. Besides a pumpkin is a pumpkin any way.

2 comments:

Latisha said...

Good for you - you made it! Ha, I knew you had motivation :). Great pictures! We missed the traditional FHE, but I may cave in on the pumpkin yet....

Jamie Martin said...

So cute!!!