I love parties! I love planning them; I love spending hours making favors; I love coming up with cute invitations; I love finding decorations; I especially love it when the party is for one of my girls! I love them! I love them! I love them!
This year I was going back and forth as to whether or not we should have a "kids" party for Kaitlyn. She's still so little and doesn't have any friends other than the ones she plays with at church. So when I asked her who she would invite to her birthday party if we had one I didn't think she'd be able to come up with anyone other than family. I couldn't have been more wrong as she immediately responded "Cayden, Reef & Ruby".
This year I was going back and forth as to whether or not we should have a "kids" party for Kaitlyn. She's still so little and doesn't have any friends other than the ones she plays with at church. So when I asked her who she would invite to her birthday party if we had one I didn't think she'd be able to come up with anyone other than family. I couldn't have been more wrong as she immediately responded "Cayden, Reef & Ruby".
And so the idea to have a
Backyardigan Summer Games party was born.
Cayden was Pablo, Ruby was Tasha, Reef was Tyrone &
Kaitlyn was Uniqua
The arena for the Summer Games was the backyard of course! The Olympians came ready to compete and showed great sportsmanship! First there was the soccer game where Ruby and Cayden showed us they knew how to kick. Then came the hurdles and the kids were ready to race! The intent was for them to run and then jump over each stick laying on the ground. Needless to say my vision was not grasped and it became a race relay. What more can you expect when the Olympians are only three years old. Everyone did their best! They ALL became Backyard Olympians and received medals to prove it.
Did I mention how much I love parties? However, what I rediscover every time I throw one is that my body no longer LOVES the all nighters I put into creating the vision I've perfected in my mind! Oh, well! We're suppose to sacrifice for our children...RIGHT?
A special thanks to Grandma and Papa who drove over an hour for a party that lasted just over an hour and to Sarah for taking all the fabulous pictures! Last, but certainly not least...
Taylor & Grace (the big sisters) who were the best helpers ever!
Without friends and family we are nothing!


6 comments:
Looks like everyone had a blast! Your post looks awesome, too. Good for you!
What a fun birthday party! YOu are such a fun mommy! I guess I'm too pooped to do anything fantastic like this. You Rock Mommy Jodi!
You're amazing, Jodi. I say it again, I would never have the vision or the stamina to pull off something so awesome. Great mama you are!
Reef had such a fun time and still talks about it! You guys officially throw the best parties!!!
Simply a great,I love seeing your creativity on the blog and at the party --good work Mommy Jodi..
Post a Comment