In high school it was Angie Phillips! We met as cheerleaders our freshman year and were inseparable after that. It is amazing that I was able to find these pictures because "we just don't have any pictures together" or at least that is what we use to joke about when we would pose for yet another snapshot of our friendship. Although we don't see each other very often I cherish the memories we've made and our friendship is an eternal one.


Then in college I was roommates with Janet McKell or "McKell" as I like to call her. Janet was from Tulsa, Oklahoma and we were both majoring in psychology. We became instant friends and were known as J2(squared) to our roommates; sharing everything. I remember laying next to her one night and asking her the question "do you think we will always be friends?" It wasn't long before we heard our other roommate Karin laugh and tell us that we sounded just like the Fox and the Hound. McKell and I have remained friends over the years even though the miles separate us. We've seen each other through many ups and downs always remaining apart of each other's lives! I know that we will indeed "always be friends"!


Celeste was my friends Amy & Natalie's roommate at Ricks College. Their apartment was in the same complex and around the corner, but there was something about her that I knew we had been friends in the pre-existence! We made many memories together in that one year together. She was a sophomore and left for Utah State University after my freshman year, but we have remained best of friends ever since then. Marriages, babies and stupid boys; we've endured it all together. I am so thankful that we can still lean on each other from across the country. She listens without judgment and is always, always there when I need her!
Then there is Amy & Tiffany Russ. We've known each other since we were little girls and it wasn't until we were all attending Florida State University that we became best friends. Now Tiffany and I were best friends when we were little, but I broke her heart when I turned 12 and didn't invite her to my 12 and older slumber party. She still gives me such a hard time about it to this day. I know I hurt her feelings and if I could turn back time I would. We have a love/hate relationship. Amy and Tiffany love to get me riled up and I hate to give them the satisfaction of getting me riled up. I know if I wouldn't react it wouldn't be so much for them, but the truth be told...I enjoy it too! They are so full of life and I love being around them.

In college I had a quote that hung on the wall of my cubicle at work. It read "God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other in the kingdom."~Spencer W. Kimball. I love that quote! I am a firm believer that Heavenly Father is aware of our needs and will put individuals in our lives for a time and a season.
After Amy and Tiffany moved to Utah I was devastated! It wasn't too long after they left that I was called into the Tallahassee Fifth Ward's Relief Society Presidency. We called ourselves the "RSVP" a.k.a. "Relief Society Voluptuous Presidency". It was Rhonda, Jane, myself and Kelly! I know that Heavenly Father put these beautiful women in my life to save me! I love them dearly and we will always have a very special bond.

If you can't tell from the pictures one common thread in all of these friendships has been our ability to have fun with one another! I can be myself when I am around each and every one of my dear friends! We can pick up right where we left off no matter how long it has been since we last saw each other or even spoke with one another. We love each other and genuinely care about one another; that is what true friendship is all about!
"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend." ~~Albert Camus


5 comments:
To set the record straight, it was your mean Mom that said you could invite everyone on your 12th Birthday Party.
havegreatday
What happen to the sisters...
The sisters fall into the same unobtainable category as the mama a category that is reserved for eternal appointments only..."very bestest friends ever"!!!
hijodi
havvvefunonyourerrippp
Post a Comment