Our trip was to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, but it was also an added bonus that the day we left happened to be my birthday. I turned...yeah right...a lady never tells! What I can tell you is that this year I realized that I am closer to 40 than I am to 20. The funny thing is that I have been closer to 40 than 20 for a few years now. I am not sure what was different this year for me to make the connection, but for some reason the thought popped into my head and I couldn't get it out.
I remember when Nathan was turning 30. It wasn't bothering him too much, but I sure did enjoy teasing him. Well, you know the old saying "what goes around, comes around". Well guess who found a gray hair on his 30th birthday...me, not Nathan, but me! Needless to say, I pulled it right out and have not found another one since and no it isn't because of the blond highlights.
I love birthdays, especially my birthday! I don't care about age, seriously! What I do care about is that with each year that passes I am surrounded by those, both near and far, who love me! I am so blessed and wouldn't trade a thing for the world! The crazy thing is I still see myself as that kid who loved life and anxiously couldn't wait to grow up. I guess the question remains, when did I grow up?




2 comments:
Those are such cute pictures of you! I love them! You are so cute!!!
I am not sure that you did grow up? You still seem like a big kid to me!!!
Post a Comment