"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Positive Peer Pressure...

About a month ago I had the following conversation with Taylor in the chapel before church started:

"Mom can I get my hair cut to my shoulders before Daddy takes you on your surprise trip."

"Are you sure? What made you change your mind?"

"I don't know. I mean. Can I get it before I go to stay with Kaylee?"

The "Ah-Ha factor" hit me and I turned to see Kaylee, a.k.a. Taylor's other half, with her hands clinching one another in a pleading motion! Kaylee had gotten her hair cut several weeks before and I thought Taylor had held strong to her desire to keep her long hair. I guess I was wrong.

Then Taylor stayed the week with the Shields family while Nathan and I were in Boston. I returned to receive an email from a friend with the following pictures attached. I figured the hair cut could be dismissed as "positive peer pressure", but there is absolutely nothing positive about the snake and Taylor thinks it is hilarious to torture me with the idea of scaring me one day with it.





Please Latisha, I am begging you! Please get rid of that snake sooner than later. It is only a matter of time before my child (not yours) gets me. My threats have fallen on deaf ears with a devious smile.

No comments: