
Today my little girl turned 8 years old! It seems hard to believe that it has been eight years since I gave birth to that precious little one. She didn't seem quite ready to join our family yet. After almost 24 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing the doctor had to use a vacuum to force her entrance into this world.
Some things don't ever change. Although we try very hard not to force her to do anything, Taylor still to this day likes to take her time. She is so methodical, thought provoked and cautious. She is such a sensitive child and you can feel the hurt when you look into her eyes.
On a good day you will find her with markers in hand drawing or coloring something. She loves to sing and when she thinks no one is watching, dance. My soul aches when I see how self conscious she really is and am impressed leaps and bounds as I watch her try to overcome her fear of what others might think. Her laugh is contagious and her smile will melt your heart.
Family is most important to her. When she was little I asked her what friends she wanted to invite to her birthday party. She must have been 2 or 3 at the most. She proceeded to name every single aunt, uncle, cousin and grandparent. Surprised that she hadn't listed any of her friends I asked "don't you want to invite any of your friends to your party?". I'll never forget the words that followed, "but Mommy they are my friends, my best friends!"
I love her with all of my heart! I feel honored to be her mother and blessed to call her my friend. I look forward to our friendship blossoming as she grows into a beautiful young woman. Happy birthday, my Taylor-made!
5 comments:
She is SO artistic, I've noticed that in primary especially. She's ALWAYS drawing on something. She is beautiful. happy birthday Taylor!
Happy Birthday Taylor! I can't believe you are so old and beautiful!
Happy Birthday Taylor!!! We love you!
Happy Birthday Taylor. She is so beautiful in those pictures.
Hope you like our happy Birthday song to you on the phone on your lbirthday. Did not sound lto great but it was filled with love for you.
Post a Comment