Unable to sleep with the world on my mind I found myself, where else, but on the computer. With the house in complete darkness I heard the beep, beep, beep of Taylor's alarm. A few seconds pass and I can hear her climbing down from her top bunk, turn off the alarm and then I hear some ruffling. Another moment passes and I hear my youngest voice, "can I come lay by you Tay-were?"
"Sure" echos as my Taylor welcomes her little sister to curl up beside her! Taylor had turned off her alarm and that ruffling sound was her reaching for her blanket and pillow so she could catch just a few more winks of shut eye right in the middle of their bedroom floor. What seems like an eternity of silence passes (it was really only a couple of minutes) when I hear Kaitlyn say "I don't want to get up", to which Taylor's sweet response was "too bad, it's life". Oh how my heart smiled today as I witnessed those sweet morning whispers.
2 comments:
They are too cute!! Hopefully it stays that way!
Glad you caught this magical moment. We for get to record so many of them over the years for later.
Post a Comment