
It is interesting how the longer you are with someone the more likely you are to take them for granted. Especially the ones you love. You know you love them with all your heart. You know they love you with all their heart. You know that you would literally...I mean LITERALLY do anything for them and they would do the same for you. Even so it is still nice to hear it and even more so feel it from time to time. You know like when you were first twiterpated and felt every emotion. Well, I had a moment about a month ago that I don't want to forget.
In the middle of a conversation on our way to the temple I heard my phone ring. I immediately knew who it was because I have certain songs set as my ring tones...it was my dad. Distracted, not even thinking I answered the phone "hey handsome". As soon as the words escaped my mouth it felt wrong. Don't get me wrong, my father is very handsome, but that phrase has been reserved for my handsome husband for years now. I had never, I repeat never referred to another man, not even my father, that way. My dad was flattered by my expression and what followed was priceless.
Now I must give a bit of history. Nathan has never been a man who is jealous or at least I've never seen that side of him in all the 14 years we have been together, but you better believe my heart went pitter pater when I heard him instantaneously ask "who are you talking to?", followed by "I thought I was the only one you said that to." You better believe I started my back peddling. I even put my dad on speaker phone to proclaim my innocence of never having used that term of endearment with him before.
Playing it cool like he always does, my handsome husband proceeded to say how he wasn't upset. He further explained that he just thought I only used it with him and was surprised when I said it to someone else. Yeah, yeah I know the truth and for that brief moment in time I once again saw, felt and heard that emotion we call love! It was awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment