"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh so appealing...

Home, such a simple word with such profound meaning. Today we found our new home.


I had been receiving daily listings from a friend of a friend who is a realtor up there and today "the one" was there. I immediately knew it was perfect for us.

The cherry on top was when I realized that not only was the realty company Tari's company, but she was the actual agent for the property. The home had been on the market for almost a year and the owner decided to rent it.

What made it "the one" you might ask? It has a mother-in-law suite included. I decided that we had to act fast if we wanted to make it ours. I knew I would be driving to see it, but decided that rather than go by myself, fall in love, and have to wait for Nathan's mom to see it I would ask her to go with me.

Fully expecting her to tell me that is was rushing into things I called to see if she was up for a kamikaze day trip. To my shock she said "sure". And with that simple word we went. I dropped Kaitlyn off after work and we were on our way.

The home is everything we expected and more. With a little bit of elbow grease it will be remarkable. It reminds me of my parents home. It overlooks a huge lake that feeds into the St. Johns River. The yard is enormous and it has a pool.

The best part about it is that mom loves it just as much as I do and she is just as excited as I am about our new adventure. Nathan is in Tennessee on business so he had to take our word for it. I didn't expect him to say no, I mean he was up against his wife and his mother. All kidding aside, I do wish he was here. I value his opinion and can't wait to see his reaction to our new spread.

We've known for some time that we will need to live with Nathan's mom for a while, well at least until I can find a new job. So this home on a single lane road is making the transition not only feasible, but appealing, oh so appealing.

No comments: