"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The latter...

Thoroughly having enjoyed herself last year when she participated in my "take your child to work day" at the courthouse Taylor wasn't sure who she wanted to go to work with this year. She had decided last year that since she would be 8 years old just in time she would go with Nathan to work. Well plans changed since Nathan is traveling a lot more with his new position he ended up having to go out of town.

And so Taylor joined me as we celebrated Abraham Lincoln's 200th Birthday.


Taylor wasn't thrilled to say the least when she found out that I wasn't her actual chaperon and was going to have to "work" during the event as a problem solver. I explained to her that she came to work to see what I do and that is what I do, I solve problems. To which she replied, "well, you are right I did come with you to see what you do and how do you suggest I do that when I'm not with you." Well she had an excellent point and I had to give her a choice...watch mom work or have fun. She chose the latter.

3 comments:

Jamie Martin said...

Smart choice, watching mommy work is no fun!!

Jennifer said...

At least she had fun! The school board "observes" Take your Daughter (child) to work day on June 5th. It's the teacher work day after school is out. So...the kids just get to help clean up the classroom for summer.

Vicky said...

Taylor is growing up Maybe a judge someday???