"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Friday, March 12, 2010

Pizza and a movie...

Before we moved I had the privilege of working with an amazing woman. She started working in the courts right about the same time I started working for Heartland, but due to the nature of my position we still had the chance to get to know one another. I admire her for many reasons, but one of the things that has really stuck with me is her dedication to her family.

One day a long time ago I remember her talking about weekends at her home. She told of how both she and her husband, along with their two daughters, would pile in their family room with pillows and blankets to have movie nights. I loved the idea! I admired her for her enthusiasm and dedication to this tradition. Since moving my little family has adopted this tradition.


Friday nights have become pizza and a movie night. The pizza usually consists of whatever was on sale that week at the grocery store. Grandmama usually joins us for pizza and then Nathan, the girls and I will pile in the family room with blankets and pillows, rotating whose turn it is to choose the movie and we spend the night enjoying each others company. Some nights Grandmama stays for part of the movie and other nights she fades away back down to her part of the house. It is a custom we all have grown to really enjoy!

My friends' girls are teenagers now and well the last I knew they still enjoyed this tradition. My prayer is that my girls will always want to be apart of pizza and a movie night. My sincerest hearts desire it that not only will they want to be apart of it, but they will want their friends to be apart of it too! I'm thankful for dear friends who set such wonderful examples for me!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Very cute idea. Memories is what it's all about.

Jamie Martin said...

We do this too and love it!!!