"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wishful thinking...

Star light, star bright,
The first star I see tonight;
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.


Have you ever wanted something so badly that you are almost too afraid to believe that it could one day possibly be given to you? You know the things that if you could wish on a star they would be at the top of your wish list. In my life these wishes are what my dad would call "righteous desires".

I recently read an article and one of the things that stood out to me was when the author wrote that "Believing in miracles and the power of the priesthood is important. But faith sufficient to accept the Father's will may be more important." I know that I have a loving Heavenly Father! I know the power of the priesthood and miracles do happen daily! I know that I have faith sufficient to accept my Father's will, some might call this succumbing, not me, I call it enduring!

Where I am lacking, where I wish I didn't waver, is in the constant hope for such a miracle in my life. Is what my heart desires worth asking? Is it a righteous desire? Absolutely, but am I an intended recipient? Now that is a question only my Father in Heaven can answer. So does my wishing on a star mean that I truly don't have faith sufficient to accept my Father's will or is it really innocent, hopeful, wishful thinking that maybe, just maybe, it is my turn.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hope that you get every wish your heart desires. You deserve the best!

Latisha said...

Very thought provoking. So hard to accept our Father's will, isn't it?Especially when it just doesn't make sense to our mortal minds. Maybe your time is still coming. I'm wishing with you!

Jennifer said...

Wishing for you!!!!

Ash said...

Jodi...you are my favorite!!! I'm wishing with you!

Miss you and really miss visiting with you all the days you would come to pick up Kaitlyn!