"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Monday, July 7, 2008

Home for the holiday...

This year we spent the 4th at home. Although we missed spending the day with family we were able to spend the day with some of our closest friends...the Shields (minus Roger and Derek who were at scout camp). We started the day by going to our Ward's annual pancake breakfast. Oh how I love Val Hartman's pancakes! Then we spent most of the day relaxing in the sun at Grandmama Hawthorne's community pool. Kaitlyn wasn't feeling her best so Nathan kept her at home while I watched Taylor (what a trade)! If that wasn't enough when we came home we stuffed our faces with hot dogs, boiled shrimp, potato salad, baked beans, watermelon, chips, soda, and apple pie a la mode. The kids played and watched T.V. while I enjoyed simply visiting with Latisha. After the Shields headed home we decided to go see the fireworks. It really was the best day...so relaxing!


Kaitlyn at the Pancake Breakfast!
Kaylee and Taylor (almost sisters)!

"No pictures...I sick!"

Nathan & Taylor

Nathan & Kaitlyn

Fireworks at Tigertown

Just us Hawthorne Girls!

Taylor explaining what type of fireworks she likes best!
Kaitlyn using her daddy's leg to hide from the booming fireworks.

3 comments:

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

yourekait lyn
andmykaitlynmycousin

Sarie said...

Cute photos! And that 4th of July menu sounds delicious!!

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

cutephotos