Our Ward had a primary activity to celebrate Pioneer Day this past Saturday. Needless to say Kaitlyn was not happy about wearing her bonnet.
She warmed up to the idea when we actually got there and she saw that the "udder girz" were wearing them too.
Taylor missed the activity because she is STILL in South Carolina visiting her cousins (my sister K.C. says that I'm experiencing just an inkling of what she is going through with her baby going to college in a few weeks). Anyway, Kaitlyn, not even a Sunbeam yet, loved playing the games, running around with her friends, coloring the pictures and eating the yummy goodies. I am so thankful for the dedicated sisters who serve the children in our primary! They are amazing women and we love them!
“Today is a day to honor all the pioneers for their courage and sacrifice—both those who arrived in this valley and those who perished before the journey’s end,” said President Thomas S. Monson, speaking at a luncheon in July 2000 following the Days of '47 parade. “This causes us to pause and ask ourselves the questions: Would we have made it? Would we have been able to make the trek and endure the hardship and sacrifice? I think we would. Those tear-stained places across the trail to the West will not have been in vain if we do follow their example and become pioneers ourselves.”
5 comments:
I loved Ruby and her together! They sure wound eachother up!
p.s. seeing the two of them together made me feel bad for Ashley in nursery every sunday!
hijodi
Hey, she isn't a sunbeam yet...she is still one of my cute nursery kids!!!
ps I LOVE my crazy nursery class!
havegreatday
Post a Comment