"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, July 3, 2008

I've been tagged...

My friend Cathy (a.k.a. Roman’s better half) “tagged” me, so here goes nothing!

3 JOYS

1-The knowledge that I am a daughter of God and that He loves me! This simple, yet profound statement brings such peace to my life. I wish everyone knew like I know that they are a child of God!

2-Being a mother! I have ALWAYS known that I wanted to be a mother. Having had challenges with become a mother I cherish my children with every breath I take!

3-My best friend and eternal companion! Nathan is the love of my life and steady foundation. He is a ROCK! I still get goose bumps every time he whispers in my ear and absolutely love to hear him call me by nickname.

3 FEARS

1-Snakes! I am petrified of snakes.
I do not like them in a box.
I do not like them with a fox.
I do not like them in a house.
I do not like them with a mouse.
I do not like them here or there.
I do not like them anywhere.

2-Cockroaches! They are right up there with snakes and I refuse to get anywhere near them. I remember one time as a teenager I turned on the light in our big bathroom and there was a roach. In one motion I was on top of the counter screaming at the top of my lungs for my dad to come and help me! I have no idea what time it was or where he was in the house, but he came running surely thinking that something terrible was happening as my plea was so desperate and loud! I’ll never forget the look on his face when I told him it was a roach. He simply turned around and shut the door leaving me to fend for myself. How cruel!

3-Being alone! Silly, but true; I hate being alone. Not the “Nathan takes the girls to the store” being alone…now that is like going to the Spa. I mean the something happens to my family and I am all alone; especially when I am older.

3 GOALS

1-Get myself in bed at a reasonable hour.
2-Gain a better understanding of the scriptures.
3-Stop drinking so much Diet Dr. Pepper!

3 CURRENT OBSESSIONS

1-Blogging! I have found my passion for journaling again!

2-Diet Dr. Pepper

3-“John and Kate plus 8”--I love this show! If by some chance you have never seen it, it is a reality show on TLC of a couple who used fertility treatments to get pregnant and had twin girls. When they decided to have just one more they ended up with sextuplets. The shear fact that they are surviving as they raise twins the age of my Taylor and sextuplets the age of my Kaitlyn let me know there is hope!


3 RANDOM SURPRISING FACTS

1-I asked Nathan out on our first date. We had met in the Student Ward at Florida State University and he was probably the nicest guy I had ever met. So I asked him out as friends and we went on a picnic to the beach in Panama City (about an hour and a half drive away). It was the best time ever and I knew then that I wanted to be more than friends.

2-I almost died when I was 7 years old. My appendix ruptured and Peritonitis had set into my intestines. The risk of surgery was too dangerous so the doctors put me on antibiotics and sent me home (yes this was in the dark ages of medicine…early 80’s). That night my condition worsened and my parents found themselves back at the hospital with me undergoing an emergency Appendectomy. I spent the next several weeks gaining my strength and learning how to walk again. Needless to say I have a nice 6 inch scar across my stomach from the experience.

3-I really don't like chain letters! I think they are a waste of time and you never get what any of them promise that you are going to receive. Sure is a good thing Cathy “tagged” me and didn’t send a chain letter now isn’t it!

Now I get to tag 5 other people and those are:
Ashley
K.C.
Jennifer
Tiffany
Melody

*Sarah guess you lucked out. I suppose you have a good excuse…this time! By the way little Miss Lillie is so precious!

5 comments:

Melody said...

I love your comments! Isn't your Dad dreadfully afraid of snakes too?

Tallahassee 5th ward is a pretty great place, isn't it. I met Chris there too. :)

Is the Melody me? :)

Jodi said...

Sure is...have fun!

Mama Yo said...

Fun to read the little unknown details! Thanks for doing it! BTW, it was all me...

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

itsyourekaitlyn

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hijodiitsyourekaitlynandmy
kaitlynmycousiniknowmoretheonekaitlyn
havegoodnight