Knowing that she'd been watching a cartoon in my bedroom I was scared she had the accident in our bed. I followed her into our room and asked again where she was when she tinkled. She showed me a spot in front of our bench at the end of the bed and said very convincingly "see Mommy it's okay!" Quite relieved to see that the carpet was dry and there were no signs of an accident in our bed I was happy that I didn't have to change sheets and clean up more than my wet daughter (who incidentally has been completely potty trained for almost 5 months now) I headed to give her a bath.
As I was leaving the bedroom I heard Nathan call from the closet saying "Um, Jodi, Kaitlyn was in here when she tinkled." (Yes, believe it or not Nathan uses the word "tinkle".) Scared again of what I was going to find I reluctantly turned around and headed to my closet. At first sight it wasn't that bad. That was until I saw that she had been wearing my shoes when the "incident" occurred. I now had a puddle of "tinkle" in my FAVORITE black, high heel shoes. Oh, the joys of motherhood, but no worries according to Kaitlyn (who proclaimed once more) "It's okay, Mommy!"
As I was leaving the bedroom I heard Nathan call from the closet saying "Um, Jodi, Kaitlyn was in here when she tinkled." (Yes, believe it or not Nathan uses the word "tinkle".) Scared again of what I was going to find I reluctantly turned around and headed to my closet. At first sight it wasn't that bad. That was until I saw that she had been wearing my shoes when the "incident" occurred. I now had a puddle of "tinkle" in my FAVORITE black, high heel shoes. Oh, the joys of motherhood, but no worries according to Kaitlyn (who proclaimed once more) "It's okay, Mommy!"
*As a side note it really has been cute how both of my girls from a very early age have loved to wear big girl shoes. They're the first to take off their own shoes and slip on a pair of my shoes, grandma's shoes, or really any ones shoes (male or female). Kaitlyn will go so far as to ask "I wear your shoes?"

2 comments:
That was a laugh out loud post! So funny! Love Nathan saying Tinkle.
Better your house than mine ;)
And yes, I've noticed the shoe thing!
Post a Comment