"Take a minute for me tonight and record the little things your kids do right now. They don't even need to be cute things. Someday when your baby is grown you may even miss the food thrown on the ground or the face wiped on the sleeve. Cherish the little things. For the little things are the spice in life." was Camille's mom's requests.
And so I will share the little things that I cherish most about my two beautiful daughters. Taylor is such a methodical child. She has been since she could talk. My friends use to say it was because I carried on conversations with her like an adult when she was little. She would ask a question and I would give her an (age appropriate) answer. The older she gets I am continually surprised by her willingness to try new things. She is such a kind and loving child. I remember as a child reading my baby book and my mom had written that I very seldom cried, but that you could see the hurt in my eyes. Taylor is the same way; her eyes speak louder than a thousand words.
Despite the fact she gets annoyed with how much her baby sister wants to be her shadow she really is setting a good example. She has a sincere desire to learn. To learn of things in life and the eternities. Even though she never met him she truly misses her Papa Jim. Taylor will ask about him or make a comment about him at least once a week. I find this so special. I constantly remind her that someday she will see him.
Taylor discovered her love for shrimp (must be boiled) last summer! Her face delights with joy when she is able to feast on this tasty treat; which doesn't happen very often. "Remember, no mustard Mom" is a sweet reminder any time I am making her a sandwich. It's cute that after 7 years of "no mustard" she still feels compelled to tell me that. If asked she would say that it is hard to choose a favorite candy, but if she must she really likes mints (just like her great grandmother) and Skittles. I must add that she is just like her daddy and LOVES ice cream too!
Taylor enjoys spending time in the yard helping me pull weeds which usually last at most 5 to 10 minutes, but at least the desire is there. She keeps asking me if we can plant "flower seeds". The reason why is simply because she can "just imagine how beautiful our yard would be then." Last night she told me that she really wished she could stop biting her nails and knew that if she could just figure out how not to do it they would be long and pretty. Typical Taylor! I love her so much!
This is my absolute favorite picture of Taylor, mainly because of the story that goes with it. I had dressed the girls up and was trying to take the perfect Christmas photograph in our backyard. Taylor got tickled at something she did and the rest was history. This picture illuminates the pure joy of a child.
My Kaitlyn Bell is the complete opposite of her sister in so many ways! Kaitlyn is "fly by the seat of your pants" and think of the consequences later kind of girl. She is so cute she gets away with most anything. When others say how "cute" she is, my response is simple..."she's a mess!" She is petrified of any animal on four legs; especially dogs. You'll know one is within a 100 yards because she lets out this death curling, high pitched scream.
She loves books! I will often hear "silence" and think "Oh, no!" only to find her curled up on her bed reading books to her stuffed animals! She hates to get her hair brushed. Her hair is curly and looks like Jerry Lee Lewis when she wakes up. Just recently she has started calling me "MOM" rather than "MOMMY" and to be quite honest...I don't like it! She's my baby and I'm supposed to be "MOMMY". Mom sounds too grown up!
Right now her thing is "I CAN DO IT". She wants to do everything for herself and I am trying, really trying, to have the patience to let her do it! She doesn't like any kind of cheese (not even mac-n-cheese), must smell everything before she eats something new (I tell you her nose has super powers), and if asked would say her favorite kind of candy is M&Ms. I must add that she is just like her daddy and LOVES cookies too!
She reminds me daily that I am doing something right as a mother when I hear my words repeated back in her adorable voice "Good job mommy, I SOOOO proud!" I love it when she wears my shoes, says "I want to hold you", and most of all when she walks with her hands behind her back. This is my absolute favorite picture of my Kaitlyn Bell.
She was walking down "MY BIG GRANDMA'S BEACH" just like my Big Grandma use to do. Kaitlyn was barely walking when she first did this and I immediately called my daddy to let him know. Daddy spells Kailyn's name "KAYtlin" because his mommy, my Big Grandma, was Kathleen "KAY" Watkins. Oh, how blessed I am to have a little daily reminder of her.
"...So let them be little,'Cause they're only that way for a while. Give 'em hope, give them praise, Give them love every day. Let 'em cry, let 'em giggle, Let 'em sleep in the middle, Oh, but let them be little."~Billy Dean
4 comments:
jodi
ilokecountrymusictoo
seeyousunday
ooopsi
country
musictoo
seeeyousunday
I will come back and read this when I have time but I just wanted to tell you---- I just started reading adailyscoop.blogspot.com and told Carolee Jensen about it too. Totally changed my perspective on life! I've been reading it for a little while now. I love that lady for just spilling her heart out so I can appreciate my children more after hearing from her. Amazing. We need to talk!
likeyouremusic
Post a Comment