Our first stop was the temple to exchange some items at the distribution center. Hopefully we all wondered if we would be able to time it just right so that we could see my mom and dad after they finished serving in the temple that morning.
Since we had decided that it was going to be a day of no worries or hurries we took advantage of the opportunity to soak in the spirit of the temple and let the girls walk around the grounds. It was such a neat experience to listen to both girls exclaim how beautiful the temple is. It was even more touching when my seven year old softly whispered, "I bet it is just as beautiful inside", followed by "You must really feel special when you go in (big pause) right mom?" Yes, oh yes you do! It is the closest thing on earth to heaven my darling child!
A bit disappointed we didn't get to see Grandma and Papa we headed to Boyds Bookstore. While there my dad called and they were finished serving in the temple. So we jumped back into the car to give hugs and kisses to two of our most favorite people!

After the temple it was time for the "fun place" a.k.a. SeaWorld. We had told the girls we were going somewhere fun for the day and so Kaitlyn nicknamed it the "fun place".
I am constantly amazed at my children's inquisitiveness and retentiveness. On the way to SeaWorld Taylor asked why it was call SeaWorld. In the best way I could I explained that although I wasn't positive I thought that maybe they call it Sea World because it is a place where you can go to see all the animals of the world that live in the sea. Sounded good to me and must have sounded good to Taylor because she didn't challenge my explanation with something she thought was better.
Kaitlyn must have been paying attention because when we got inside the park she quickly exclaimed "I don't see the sea! Where's the sea mom?" It didn't matter what we told her the rest of the day she didn't quite grasp the concept that it was an analogy and we weren't really going to see the sea. Thank heaven for an attentive cotton candy saleswoman who finally got through to her little mind..."Shamu swims in the sea, you'll see it then".

One of Taylor's favorite rides is the Jelly Fish. It is a lot like the tea cups at Disney. Since Nathan doesn't do too well on these types of rides it has become a Mommy and Taylor thing. This time I was informed that we needed to go "SUPER FAST". And so I tried my hardest to accommodate her request. We laughed so hard we could feel the tears in our eyes and were completely dizzy when the ride finally came to a stop. Oh, the memories we are making!
Kaitlyn hadn't been feeling good earlier in the day and really wasn't 100% herself for most of the day; so when she wanted to see the "crockagators" and sharks we quickly headed off to find them.
Taylor enjoyed riding on Journey to Atlantis with her daddy several times and the highlight of my visit was seeing a dolphin in the moonlight play with a soccer ball. It truly was amazing!
We've always tried to take the girls since they were little to Downtown Disney to see Santa and the lights at Christmastime. Even though they have yet to go and sit on Santa's lap we still enjoy this tradition. Since we were already in Orlando we decided to make it a full days event and take them to Downtown Disney too.

We ate at "Old McDonalds", perused the shops, enjoyed the lights and even rode on the train and merry-go-round.

The day wasn't without a couple snafus, but all in all it was fun, no it was fantastic!
3 comments:
Looks like a super fun day! Great documentation, too!
How fun! I want to take the kids to sea world when we are there since we get in for FREE being in the Military. I can not wait to get there :)
I love days like that, they are the best!!!
Post a Comment