Do you remember when your mom use to always tell you and your siblings "if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all"? Or maybe you've heard someone once say "say what you mean and mean what you say"? What about "if something is worth saying then say it"?
I'm in a funk right now. I can't seem to put my finger on one reason in particular. I really don't have any "real" struggles that I am going through. There are so many others that have much more significant things weighing on their minds. Yet, I find myself in a funk.
What is a funk? Is that even a real word you can look up in Webster's dictionary? I don't really want an answer it is just a question I'm throwing into the air as my brain tries to process why I am feeling this way.
And so today was just another day. I got up; I got the girls ready for school with Nathan's help (which was a treat as he is usually gone before my eyes see the dawn's light); I took Kaitlyn to her friend's house for the day; I went to work; I spent the morning in meetings and my afternoon in court; I returned my sister Jamie's call from earlier today; I headed home stopping at the grocery store to do our weekly shopping first; I came home; I ate dinner; I made linguine salad for a baby shower tomorrow; and now I am on the computer once again being serenaded by the laughter of my two precious daughters who are in bed, but definitely not asleep.
My nightly routine is predictable. I log on to the computer. First, I open Outlook to check my email. After reading anything that catches my attention I instantaneously go to the Internet. My blog is set as my home page so I quickly glance to see if anyone has updated their blog and must look to see who has visited me during the day. Depending on the blog updates I will be here for a couple seconds or many hours. Blogs, oh how they suck me into them. I sincerely love catching up on how everyone is doing and what is going on in their lives. It's therapeutic for me and definitely a nice break before I get back onto the computer to finish my work for work.
And so tonight when I once again opened my email I was thrilled to say the least to find the following email from my daddy!
"Dearest Jodi,
As you saw from the email I sent Jamie, I just "tripped" into her blog and decided that I would go "blogging". Yours was next, by design, then KC and Moms. I was really impressed with all and particularly enjoyed seeing yours, the picture, music, and comments. I truly am blessed by our family.
Love eternally,
Daddy"
Oh how I love that man! I could literally write a book about everything I admire about my father. Tonight I want to focus on just one thing! He says what he means; he means what he says; and if he has something worth saying HE SAYS IT! I love that about him. It's a characteristic I try to emulate. I have lost count and really never kept track of how many times I have gotten and still get a telephone call from him to let me know he was just thinking about me; to let me know that he loves me!
Kaitlyn Bell and her Papa at Taylor's Art Festival, Spring 2008.
Funk or no funk I know I am loved! I felt that love tonight and I am grateful that there was something worth saying and it was said! Maybe I can bring a smile to someone else who is in a funk.
3 comments:
I too can say, "I Love that Man" you both are very Special. It's okay to get the "funk" but remember it is just junk that gives us th funk. Look for the sun shine, sliver lining, and all the blessings that are ours. I love you too and think your blog is great. Mom
Your daddy is so sweet! And I hope your funk doesn't last too long. I know what you mean... an unexplainable series of "blah" moods. Poor girl. When I see you next, I'll give ya a knowing side-hug, kay?
Some times just change the music and get up and Dance.
Chocolate always helps me and calling my sisters usually will always bring me out of a "FUNK", if this recipe doesn't work just call Lindsey.... Living in her world for a few seconds should do it!
Love you MY SISTER!
Post a Comment