"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Arizona Hawthornes...

Nathan's family moved to Arizona when he was little (I'd ask him exactly how old he was, but he is tucked away for the night). Sometime after Nathan graduated from High School his mom and dad moved to Florida. Nathan was 20 years old when he joined his parents in Florida. The offer was that if Nathan moved to Florida they would help pay for his college and so he moved.

Nathan is the youngest of three boys. Both of his older brothers still live in Arizona. We have been blessed to be able to take vacations back and forth over the years to visit with one another. It doesn't matter how much time passes between visits, the cousins love playing with each other and the siblings love visiting with each other.

Lately Kaitlyn has had a fascination with her Aunt Jamie, my little sister! So today when she told me that she wanted Jamie, I assumed she meant my sister. I quickly dismissed the plea when to my surprised she yelled "NO! NOT JAMIE, JAMIE." Not sure what she was talking about I tried to comfort her by explaining that Jamie was at her house with Ashley, Ethan, Hayden & baby Brice. Seeing the mounting frustration in her face I said "Kaitlyn show me who you want." To my complete surprise she pointed to a picture of her cousin "Jami"lyn and said "that Jami". I was tickled pink! I am so thankful for pictures and memories that bridge the miles between us.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from 2006 when we visited the Arizona Hawthornes just before Christmas!

Sean & Jamilyn this year as school began. Sean is in 1st grade and Jamilyn started Kindergarten.

2 comments:

Ash said...

We love our cousins and know exactly what you are talking about when you say that it doesn't seem like they have been apart. They are just best friends again! How fun for your girls to have so many people all over the country who love to play with them!

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hijodihavegreatday