"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, October 9, 2008

A new family tradition...

One of my cherished childhood memories is that of our summer vacations. Unlike most families who usually take a week and go on vacation we were very blessed to be able to spend the entire month of July at the beach every summer. My grandma lived in one condo and owned another one that she rented; we would stay down the hall in Unit 209 enjoying every moment we could with her.

The best times were those that we spent in the pool; Marco Polo, Shark and Minnows and chicken fights were plentiful. So you can imagine my surprise when Taylor climbed on her daddy's back the other night after family prayer was over and declared "CHICKEN FIGHT". Kaitlyn was quick to jump on my back and so a new family tradition has begun. Every night as we kneel for family prayer when the Amen has been said Taylor jumps on Nathan's back and Kaitlyn on mine. Interesting enough the "FIGHT" has been dropped and they both just call it "CHICKEN". I know it's a tradition that will not be able to last forever, but for now I will cherish these precious simple moments when all I can hear is laughter.

3 comments:

Sarie said...

It's so good of you to write this stuff down so you don't forget it!

Ash said...

That is so cute! I totally agree with sarah, that is something that could totally be forgotten if you didn't write it down. Your girls will love to read that when they are older. What a fun memory!

Jamie Martin said...

I bet it is just as much you and Nathan as it is the girls. You are just to big kids!!Ha