"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Friday, October 24, 2008

The Hacker...

Yesterday we went to see our nephew C.J. compete in a swim meet. C.J. swims on his high school swim team and we couldn't be more proud of him. Taylor was excited to see the cousins, especially Courtney (sorry boys). Courtney was born just a few months after Taylor and she absolutely loves spending time with her. I was excited once again to spend time with family and Nathan was thrilled to watch C.J. compete in a sport he loves. As soon as he knew that he was going to be able to come with me to the meet he told me "Jodi, I want to get there as soon as it starts so I can see the entire meet. So make sure you do what you need to do cause I don't want to be late." Under normal circumstances I probably would have gotten irritated by a comment like that, but not this time. I could tell he was excited and that made me excited.

Okay, so Kaitlyn moved when my camera finally decided to snap the picture. The cute thing about this picture was that Kaitlyn kept watching her Aunt Elaine and as soon as Elaine bent over and put her hands on her knees to cheer, Kaitlyn followed suit. It was too cute and I wish I could have captured the moment better.



This is my brother Clay! Oh, how I love my big brothers! I love them with all of my heart! They are not only my brothers, but my dearest friends too. I often talk about my sisters, but I honestly don't know what I would do without my brothers either.


I think part of the reason my heart breaks when I think of our difficulties to have more children is because of how much I love my brothers and how desperately I want my girls to have brothers or at least a brother. Obviously, my dream of having a boy first didn't happen. Sadly I didn't want to have a son first so Nathan had his boy, my sole purpose was so that my future daughters would have a big brother. The reason...I have the best big brothers any girl could ever wish to have.

Fortunately my girls have been blessed with three amazing older cousins that are like "big brothers". C.J., Jeremy and Chandler are wonderful examples and I know they will do anything for the girls. You can see from the pictures above that they adore Taylor & Kaitlyn. I also know that someday their other cousins Sean, Ethan, Hayden, and Brice although they may be younger definitely will be bigger than the girls and will watch out for them as well!

I had to laugh when I missed one of C.J.'s events I asked Nathan how he did. His response was "He's pretty good for a hacker." Laughing I asked, "What the heck is a hacker?" To which Nathan explained that a hacker is someone who hasn't been competing since they were a child and just picked up the sport. Go figure...you learn something new every day or at least I do.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE all the Halloween pictures on the sidebar.

I love reading about your family and how you all have such a strong relationship.

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hijodihavegreatdaqy

Jamie Martin said...

Have to love those brothers!!!!