"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Monday, October 27, 2008

Small Town Pumpkin Patch...

Any mother who has tried to get the perfect fall pictures will understand how tired I was after our little escapade this evening. I picked the girls up from their Grandmama's and off we were on our pre-Family Home Evening adventure. It has become a tradition to carve our pumpkins for Halloween the Monday before Halloween. And so we needed a pumpkin. Passing a small farmers market on the side of the highway Taylor exclaims "there's a pumpkin patch, Mommy!" Oh, no that one is way too small let's head down town to the big one at the Methodist Church.

One by one and church by church our adventure headed further south and the minutes began to turn into hours. Are there no pumpkin patches in all of our town? There is still four more days until Halloween they couldn't have already called it a year and closed up shop...could they have? "There's a pumpkin patch" exclaims Taylor once more. It was a little church on the south side of town, except this time their pickings were slim and once again I proclaimed "there's got to be a bigger one somewhere!"

And so we headed back north toward home. This time hoping that the church off of another street would still have their patch, but to our dismay there were no pumpkins. And so almost two and a half hours later we found ourselves, yes you guessed it, back at the little farmers market on the side of the highway picking our pumpkins.



Next year I think I will just go to Wal-Mart and say that the girls got their picture taken at the "Small Town" Pumpkin Patch. It would be a whole lot easier.

4 comments:

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

I think all your pictures are wonderful, more than what I have.

Jamie Martin said...

We have a great pumpkin patch up here. You should have just driven to see us and got yourself a pumpkin, it probably would have taken the same amount of time.

Vicky said...

I don't know why but the farther north the bigger the pumpkins. Panama City Beach always had great ones. I'm with Jamie let do it!! Well when I have a day off. Picture are adorable. Like the punkins too!!!

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hopeyouhadfunlastnightidid