"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Friday, August 7, 2009

Always something going on...


Yep, that is me! I can't do anything simple. I always have to have something going on and this week I chose to have a sprained ankle. Yeah right, like anyone would choose to have to sit around all day while others have to wait on them hand and foot. Okay so that part wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for all the pain involved and a medication that makes you so groggy you can't remember if you really gave permission for your children to do, well, whatever they want to do because you can't remember.

I was up early on Tuesday cleaning the pool because we had friends coming over to swim later that morning. I had finished and was hosing the deck off when I forgot that the cover to the pool filter was still off. My left foot stepped right in between the hose not giving me any indication of what was about to happen and then my right foot followed, except it didn't meet the concrete as intended, no it went right into the hole and my entire body fell to the ground.

After realizing I couldn't put any sort of weight on it and, well, almost passing out I decided I had to go to the ER. So the swim date was cancelled and the next several hours were spent praying it wasn't broken. It wasn't, isn't, and with that I must say that if a sprain can cause that type of pain I totally don't ever want to see what a break feels like.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

OUCH!! I hope you get to feeling better soon. I've heard that sprains actually hurt more than broken bones.

Sarie said...

Poor Jodi! I feel so bad for you. That's all you need--- adjusting to a new place and a sprained ankle! Hope you get better super fast.

Jennifer said...

So funny I was going to say the same thing about hearing that sprains hurt worse than broken ankles and wondered for a moment if I'd already commented ;)! Anyway, I hope you heal quickly!

Unknown said...

yeah one of the few things I learned in my short time as an athletic training major is that sprains are worse than breaks...the thing you dont want it a fracture! I love you and I hope you get better!

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

Not good. Hope the pains goes away soon.

Vicky said...

Well I don't want you to follow me in all my examples. The air cast really look familar from one in my past. It does hurt. I feel for you. Now I know you didn't want to stain the desk but this is a bet far to go. Love Ya