When I was a teenager, I'm not sure exactly how old but old enough to know better, I remember giving my father the scare of his life. You see I had been in our big bathroom. It was either the early morning or late night when I happened upon the uglies, nastiest, creepiest crawling creature of my life. For those of you who live in Florida you know exactly what I'm talking about, that's right a cockroach and I for one absolutely positively hated them then and still to this day! When I came eye to eye with this brown creature wiggling it's antennas at me I jumped in one big swoop and was on top of the bathroom counter letting out a blood curling scream as if I were being attacked.
Poor daddy, he came running through the house not sure of what he was going to find and yet was ready to rescue his little girl. Opening the bathroom door he saw I was fine and so he asked "What?" All I could do was point. With that he turned around and went to bed leaving me to fend for myself. How cruel I thought!
You know how when you are younger your parents unmistakeably always, at least once, wish upon you a child just like you when you grow up. Well this morning without prior knowledge or conspiracy with her grandfather, at least that is what I think, Taylor, paid me back tenfold for that experience.
I was in my bathroom on the opposite side of the house when I heard that same blood curling scream. I only had my pants on and so I was off running across the house trying to put my bra on so that I was at least covered when I encountered whatever or whoever was there. That is when I met my fear face-to-face in the hall. I was a massive brown, icky, crawling creature and I had one of two choices. I could either jump on the couch and wait the next 12 hours for Nathan to get home or I could take my fear by the antenna and kill it. I soon became my daughters hero and the little brown beast is no more, that is until the next one...eek! Was it a conspiracy or could it have been just one big brown coincidence?
4 comments:
Welcome to living in Florida where yards have plenty of trees. At least you got to be someones HERO mommy.
I love this story! I'm glad you got to be the Hero. :)
Yay!! You are so brave! When Dad isn't home, we just have to step up, no matter how unpleasant. I know you, though, and you weren't going to be happy until that thing was GONE. Good for you!
Post a Comment