You daunted your princess crown and Kaitlyn wore her best pearls with her tutu.
You couldn't wait until after dinner to prepare your dressing room for the fashion show. Daddy found the perfect runway music and it played over and over as you debuted your fall collection.
Not sure what was taking you so long I ran back to hurry you along. I was tickled when I saw how neatly you had laid all of the outfits on your bed. Several pairs of shoes lined the floor and a chair for you to sit in was positioned very carefully in the center of the room. You were all dressed and taking one last look in the mirror to make sure your hair was straight. From head to toe you were perfection...you are perfection. A special father's blessing was given more precious that words and then you were off to slumber.
A scrumptious breakfast awaited for you this morning. We ate as a family. Even daddy hung around to spend some extra time with you this morning. A love note from him to let you know, well, I'm not sure since you haven't let me read it yet. Kaitlyn was sad to see you leave and you weren't quite ready for me to leave either.
From the van to the red line on the side walk where you must wait for the bell to ring. Then on to the classroom where you wanted me by your side every step of the way! I watched as you scurried to your seat. You carefully listened to the teachers instructions while you very slowly pulled your school supplies out of your backpack one at a time. Mesmerized I watched as you took everything in. It was then in that very moment that I wanted time to stand still!
A whisper I love you, a kiss blown good-bye and your first day of the third grade, at a new school, was underway. The moment you had been dreading for weeks, maybe even months, was here. Thankfully the fear turned into excitement after you met your teacher. This weekend was the first time since we have moved I heard you say that you couldn't wait for school to start. That piece of newsworthy information made me cry. Why you might ask? Well, because my heart hurts when you are afraid or lonely or sad. So my dear little one, those tears were tears of joy knowing that everything was going to be okay!
A romantic at heart I must admit your mommy never can get enough of a good love story, especially a romantic comedy as the critics call it. The best ones are the ones you can watch over and over never tiring of its jokes, sappy cliches and happy ending. Someday we'll eat chocolate, sit on the couch, laugh and cry together watching these movies.
Classics today aren't the same as classics from when Grandma grew up. Still a good romantic comedy can make your toes tap to the music and for a brief moment in time help you forget the worries of your world. You've Got Mail with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks is one of my favorite all time romantic comedies. I can watch it over and over never tiring. For some reason I've never forgotten when he said "Don't you just love New York in the fall. There is something about it that makes me want to buy school supplies. I'd send you a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address." Well I do know your name and I live at your address. Today I wish I had sent you a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils. I've always loved the idea and I know it would have made you smile. It would have made me smile. Unfortunately I didn't think of it in time. Maybe I'll send them to you on another day just because. After all there doesn't have to be a special occasion to say I love you and I do, oh how I do!!!!
5 comments:
Hi, I love the new lay out for your blog. You are so creative. I like the way you are writing it too. It will have wonderful memories for your children in years later when they read it as an adult. Remember to print or get a copy for future generations. I'm proud of your self control using the best china. Memories are what is important. If something breaks it is only another memorie not the end of life.
Dang... I cried reading this... You're are an awesome mom and an aswesome Aunt... I love you and your girls are lucky they have you... and FYI... you can send me a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils anytime! :)
It is hard to realize how quickly they grow, and so easy to get wrapped up in the day to day of it all that we just let it pass us by. She is such a beautiful girl inside and out. Keep up the good work mama.
youthenameverycool
hijodi
Post a Comment