"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Friday, August 28, 2009

Better left unsaid...

So much happens in a day that often times we don't ever stop to think what it took to get our life as it is. I know how unappreciated I can feel from time to time and so today I choose to say thank you more often. Thank you to the person who holds the door open for me, thank you to the clerk who checks my groceries, thank you to the child who puts away her toys and thank you to the husband who helps when he's asked. Yes, I've decided to choose to be appreciative! Otherwise, it is my attitude choosing to be miserable and that isn't any fun now is it? Some things are better left unsaid, but thank you is just not one of them!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I was doing just fine being miserable, now I have to go be appreciative. You have kids that put toys away? Have them deliver the cookies!

Latisha said...

You've always been so good about this. You're a great example!

Vicky said...

Thanks for being a wonderful daughter!!!!