"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Friend of Jack...


First a cockroach and then a snake, you've got to be kidding me. I may have overcome my fear this morning of the small brown creature, but one with no legs, who slithers and hisses, no thank you. I had just finished cleaning the pool when I was going to put the skimmer bucket back in place to avoid another incident when I saw it...so many thoughts went through my head. A quick yell to the girls to get in the house and an "Okay Jodi, stay calm! What is that saying again? Red on yellow kill a fellow, red on black friend of Jack. Okay, it's red on black. Just put the lid on and see if Mike or Don are home."

Fortunately my neighbor Charlie came to my rescue. We think it was already dead, but he didn't want to take any chances and over the fence the dead corpse went. After some research I found that it was a baby King Snake, identity thief to the Coral Snake who is very venomous. Friend of Jack or not I still don't do snakes and today I'm calling Charlie my friend!!!!

Three strikes Mr. Hawthorne and I'm done cleaning the pool! You've got one more chance!

6 comments:

Vicky said...

Come on you live in Florida!!! There a part of life in the Jungle, remember where Kaitlyn lives. I always killed them and put them in a plastic bag in the garbage so nothing else wants to come it that I didn't want in the yard. You can get pretty good with a flate head shovel.

Unknown said...

haha after reading Grandma's comment I seriously ahd this intense mental imagge of Grandma going crazy on a snake with a shovel... very etnertaining... I think the lady in the cubicle next to me thinks I'm crazy because I laughed so hard at this :)

Jennifer said...

I HATE snakes. I got "stuck" in a box with one when I was little. Not cool. I'm glad your neighbor took care of it.

Latisha said...

I'm proud of you for not going too crazy - reacting calmly is a major step up for you!!

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

ihatesnakes
onetimeifoundonindriveiwasscared

Jamie Martin said...

I'm with Kaylee. The thought of mom with a shovel has sent me into a fit of laughter. Then the thought of you and KC both dealing with snakes has me almost rolling on the ground. At least yours weren't baby snakes in your house like KC's.