"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Friday, August 21, 2009

Never imagined...


When I met Nathan it wasn't love at first site, but he sure did make a lasting impression. I found out very quickly that he was definitely the type of man I wanted to be with for eternity. The longer we dated I knew he WAS the MAN I wanted to be my ETERNAL COMPANION!

With each second, minute, hour, day, week, month and year I fell deeper and deeper in love with who he was and all that he wanted to become! What I never could have imagined was how the love I was feeling for him would magnify beyond belief when he became the father of my children. As I sit and write he is on the couch watching a game show with our girls. I peek around the corner to see him with one girl, her head on his chest and his arm around her shoulder. The littlest is on the other side having squeezed herself next to him just so she can be close to him too. They are drawn to him and so am I!

There isn't anything he wouldn't do for them. There isn't anything he wouldn't do for us! He really has become the man he wanted to be all those years ago when we were dating and I thank my Heavenly Father everyday that I am blessed to be a part of his world. It's hard to believe that we've been married eleven years and together almost fifteen! He isn't only the love of my life, he IS MY LIFE!!!!

No comments: