
Chocolate chip cookies must be Nathan's favorite type of cookie. He loves cookies and when we lived in Lakeland he loved it when we went to the Shields' house because it meant snacking on Latisha's chocolate chip cookies. One night when we were at their house I'll never forget how dead serious he was when he looked at me and asked "do you know how to make cookies?" Almost offended I snapped back in the affirmative and proclaimed that when I finally find some time between working full-time, being a mom full-time and his wife full-time I'd make him some cookies. Until then cookies from the Publix bakery would just have to do.
I guess I finally found that time this summer since I'm not working right now. A few weeks ago I crashed and burned at my first attempts because the flour was old. Who knew flour could get old? Anyway, since then I've made several batches and it wasn't really fair when I asked him jokingly if my cookies were better than Latisha's cookies because she was sitting right there when I asked. My handsome husband won my heart when he said "yes, they're awesome!" Even though I doubted he was being completely honest it still made my chocolate chips melt! I was delighted when Latisha, the Queen of Cookies, agreed and said they really are awesome.
I've always known I could do it, but it really has been a satisfying feeling by actually doing it. It has been even more flattering at how much he has continued to enjoy them batch after batch!
3 comments:
This post is killing me..I'm starving! send cookies now!
Your cookies really are amazing. You have every right to be proud! Now if I can just get mine to start coming out right again. I'm jealous of yours!
I want some! If they are that great they should mail just fine.
Post a Comment