"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Everyday of your life & for eternity...


Happy Birthiversary Mama and Daddy!

One could say that I love a good love story just as much as the next girl. I especially love the mushy, can't live without you, love stories. That is the type of love story my parents life has been and will forever be.

How many husbands and wives will say that they are married to their best friend? And if they do, how many husbands and wives wish it were true? How many couples will always put the needs of their spouse above their own? How many children can honestly say that they never saw their mom and dad fight? How many little girls dream of a prince charming that melts when he looks at them and can see the genuine love in his eyes?

As a girl and now a wife I saw the type of husband I wanted my husband to be because my father emulated those characteristics. The best example of the type of wife and mother I could ever be was in my mother. My parents, they go hand in hand. One would not be the same without the other; they lift each other up!

Mama was always the first and last person Daddy wanted to see when he left for work and came home. "Where's your mama?" were words that often escaped his lips, with a gentle kiss for his bride to follow. "Always kiss him good-bye and when he comes home" are words of counsel that my mama continues to give to this day, "that way you will be the first and last thing on his mind when you are apart." Even now with all of the kids grown, the house empty and spending more time with each other than ever before she is still his girlfriend. I love that!

I love that they still hold hands! I love that they still can still push each other's buttons and laugh! I love that they understand each other's quirks and get it! I love that they cherish each other! I love that they respect each other! They attest daily that you can live the mushiest, can't live without you, love stories everyday of your life and for eternity!

1 comment:

Vicky said...

One of my faavorite pictures.The photographer caught a moment in time that your Dad and I offen share with little whispers between the to of us.