"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Monday, October 12, 2009

Ballet shoes...

When Taylor was little Nathan's mom watched her a couple days a week while we worked. She found a dance class at the local recreation center and Taylor fell in love with Ms. Rosie; we all fell in love with Ms. Rosie. Then as Kaitlyn grew and Taylor was too old for the class Nathan's mom began to take her. We fell in love with Ms. Rosie all over again.

One of the sad parts about moving was leaving Ms. Rosie behind. She was so adorable when she allowed Kaitlyn to "graduate" with the five year olds at the end of the year recital this past spring. We miss Ms. Rosie, but are delighted that one of the mom's from church has decided to hold ballet classes once a week, for free! How fabulous is that?


Kaitlyn is my little dancer. She loves music and I often catch her practicing in her ballet shoes.


Although this was supposed to be Kaitlyn's time with Grandmama, Taylor has seemed to wiggle her way into the class too. This past week was her first time participating.


The stipulation is as follows...she isn't allowed to go when Grandmama takes Kaitlyn. She is only allowed to go with me if her homework, piano practice, reading and chores are all done.

I still don't know how I feel about letting Taylor in on Kaitlyn's time. Kaitlyn doesn't seemed bothered by it and there are girls her age in the class too. We'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ok I know I'm not a mom, but I want to be, so here is my un-motherly motherly question.... why would you have your child hide her talents? Matthew 25:29.... just saying... I LOVE YOU... hope this made you say, "That little brat Kaylee..." because you know its m job!

Latisha said...

How awesome that they have this opportunity! I wouldn't hesitate to let Taylor join in. It can become something they enjoy together as sisters with grandmama! Free is the right price for me - I'm jealous!