"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Beginning of the end...

The girls ask me if they can go swimming at least two or three times a week after school. It is mainly Kaitlyn because Taylor gets her swimming fix at swim practice. Most nights it is either too late or I'm too tired to supervise, sad I know. Anyway, I try to clean the pool out at least once a week. It is usually these days that I'll let them put their suits on and go for a dip.


Tonight wasn't any different. I must have been in a good mood or something because it had been a long day. I had been productive and got a major project off of my "to do" list (shelves in my mother-in-laws bedroom closet & the girls bathroom).

Excited the girls ran to put their swimming suits on. Once by the pool they soon realized that the water wasn't the ideal temperature. A few moments later and one less child was when I realized it is the beginning of the end of summer. We live in Florida and summer officially ended some time ago, but when you have 90 plus degree weather, well it's still summer.

I looked around and thought to myself that it is almost time to put away the swim toys, floats, lawn chairs and anxiously wait for spring.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

They need to learn to stay under the water. I'm ready for the fall and why we live in Florida days.

Latisha said...

I know - I keep wondering which day the kids will finally decide they are done swimming. Hasn't happened yet!