This bench has moved from South Carolina to Arizona and back South to Florida. It is one of the first things I remember seeing when Nathan brought me home to meet his parents. Growing up we had a deacon's bench that sat in the hall leading to our bedrooms. I thought is was very neat that Nathans' parents had one too.
It has been through a lot and spent most of its time outside. Nathan's mom has wanted it refinished for years. When we lived in Lakeland I had found a furniture refinishing company that did an amazing job on some of my mom's antiques, but when I asked they said to do a deacon's bench, especially one of this size it would be hundreds of dollars, money we just didn't have to spend. Each time she moved his mom would say, "I should just get rid of it" and every time I'd say "NO, you can't get rid of it."
So with this move and after a few peps talks from my own mom I came to the conclusion I would take the time this summer to refinish the deacon's bench. Summer turned into fall and yesterday I finally got off my bum and did it. I wish I would have taken a before picture because the difference is night and day. I'm pretty proud of myself. Having never done anything like this before, it looks amazing if I do say so myself!
3 comments:
Beautiful job! it looks amazing! One more project down - good for you!
Look professional to me. Can I hire you? You did a beautiful jo!!!! It does give you such a feeling of complishment when you see the finished project. Proud of you - go girl as you sister's would say.
I think it looks great!
Post a Comment