"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Therapeutic...

A funny truth about myself, I love sweeping. I should clarify, I love sweeping outside. There is something about being able to mindlessly work and actually see that you accomplished something when you are done; I find it therapeutic!

There is a window in our kitchen that overlooks the back deck. I've been watching for weeks now as the leaves began to change and fall to the ground. Each day as I do the dishes I notice a little more of the deck is covered. Today it look like a blanket of leaves.


Even though my day had been long I decided I needed a good therapy session after cleaning the pool. Both girls had wimped out on me because the pool was too cold. All alone with the sun setting I took my broom in hand and began to sweep. I wish I would have taken a before and after picture. That's okay, the only thing that matters is that I had a few moments of peace and quiet and when it was all said and done I could see that something had been accomplished. It felt good!

1 comment:

Vicky said...

This is why I love working outside. It is wonderful theropy. I love seeing the changes I made possible. The beauty of nature and all that is around use. It gives me time to reflect.