It's reminded me to hug my girls a little tighter, watch them a little closer and teach them a little more diligently about the dangers that exist in this world.
"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Too close to home...
On Monday a little girl just a year to the day younger than Taylor went missing. She was walking home from school, got into an argument with her friend, ran ahead and hasn't been seen since. Her path home from school is in the same neighborhood I drive through when I want to go to Target. She was just under four and a half miles from us. My heart is heavy and I feel so helpless. I've had a constant prayer in my heart for her since finding out she was missing. This is just a little too close to home for me.

It's reminded me to hug my girls a little tighter, watch them a little closer and teach them a little more diligently about the dangers that exist in this world.
It's reminded me to hug my girls a little tighter, watch them a little closer and teach them a little more diligently about the dangers that exist in this world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Isn't that the truth? I didn't realize it was so close to you. Doesn't it just make your heart heavy?
I totally agree! Thanks for the reminder.
I thought I heard something about an amber alert. I just read about it online. She was with her twin sister and 10 year old sister. You feel like they are safer in a group...esp. with an older sibling.
Soo SAD!
It's such a scary time here in Orange Park, huh? It always breaks your heart to hear stories like this, but when it's so close to home it really makes you think. Hug those girl-o's for me too =)
Give them a BIG HUG from me.
Post a Comment