"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Friday, October 30, 2009

Day of organized chaos...

Today was a very busy day! My sister, Jamie, dropped her children off for me to watch them last night and today. I enjoy it when I can watch any of my nieces and nephews. Some might say I thrive in chaos, but truth be told it fills my heart with such joy I just can't explain it. Her children are right about the same age as my girls. She just had a few in between.

Thank heaven for Grandmama Alice! Because of her willingness to come along for the ride I was able to deliver the cupcakes I had promised to Taylor's class for her Halloween party without having to tote all five children with me. She patiently waited in the van while Ashley and I made our delivery. When I told Jamie she had helped, Jamie responded "so I have Alice to thank for watching my kids." Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.


I must have made a few extras because there was just enough for the kids to have one for snack time.


Although a bit crazy it was fun getting all the kids dressed up to go to my Ward's Trunk-or-Treat activity. I sat and passed out the candy while Uncle Nathan got to watch the kids as they went from car to car begging for candy. Life was pretty much perfect! Chaos-smayos, in my life it was just another day of organized chaos!


Okay, I know I am biased, but you have to admit that you have never seen a cuter Dorothy than the one in this picture! Priceless, absolutely priceless!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE my cousins.... they are soo cute!

Jennifer said...

They are all cute...especially Dorothy. :)