She is growing up so fast. I look and her and know it is only a matter of time before she is all grown and that makes me sad.
I had to laugh because she didn't appreciate that I was taking pictures during her lesson. I know I was being mischievous, but both girls looked so cute I couldn't help myself. This is one I snapped right as she reprimanded me.
What was so adorable is you can see in her eyes how hard she is trying not to smile. It didn't last and that smile soon followed.
We've incorporated in our family home evenings a tradition my family did when I was growing up. Every family home evening we would begin the night by singing..."This is the night we've waited for, always a treat we have in store, we love each other more and more, together on family night. Stories and games for everyone, learning the gospel can be fun, father, mother, daughter, son together on family night." Except in our song it goes "father, mother, daughter, daughter together on family night." The girls love it and each time I sing it I am reminded of the foundation my parents built my life upon.
We came across a tape recording of one of our family home evenings when I was growing up some time ago and we laughed and laughed. On it you can hear tons of noise and my dad trying to get up to settle down. Every time we weren't listening or when he found himself getting frustrated you would hear him start singing this song. It was hilarious. What I learned then and try to remember now is..."never stop trying".
No comments:
Post a Comment