"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Brilliant Idea...

I love it when I have a brilliant idea! I love it even better when my brilliant idea works.

I have girls and with girls come dolls, clothes to dress up the dolls and accessories to make said dolls pretty. I can understand clothes. A girl needs to be able to change her outfits to go with the occasion and I can even bare the thought of accessories because let's admit it sometimes the earrings do make the outfit, but what I am just about over are all of the shoes. Why can't the manufacturer make cute, little, go with everything shoes that never come off. Yes, I repeat, never come off.


So this week my brilliant idea was to glue all the shoes to Kaitlyn's pretty princess dolls she got for her birthday. A "Princess Barbie" was what she told Grandma she wanted for her birthday and so we were off to the store to make her birthday wish come true. What we came home with was the box with all the "princess" Barbies. So now not only do I have all 7 Disney Princess dolls: Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, Snow White, Jasmine and Tiana, exclusive to this collection, but 14 shoes to go with all those beautiful princesses. Hence the glue.

I didn't use just any glue! No for this project not just any glue would do. I must use the glue that "is not a glue, but a flexible bonding agent that grabs, adheres and interlocks the fibers of virtually any fabric for a permanent repair."

Okay so I should have looked up the product online before. I mean, hey if it is strong enough to repair a parachute and then jump out of an airplane thousands of feet about the ground it should be strong to keep the shoes on a dainty princesses feet...right? I guess not because I keep finding little princess shoes all over the house. So much for my brilliant idea! As you can see from the picture above almost all of the shoes are MIA and Cinderella is nowhere to be found. Maybe she has resulted to thievery due to the bad economy, who knows.

Regardless I have a pretty princess who is a very happy little girl because of a Grandma and Papa who think BIG! Thanks Grandma and Papa!

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Now you'll have to glue those earings that keep falling off. Great idea.

Latisha said...

It was a good idea - if only that glue would work!

Unknown said...

haha I think this is hilarious... keep in mind that they are now Florida Barbie dolls living in Jacksonville with the leaches, so they can't not have thier shoes on!!!! maybe during the rest of the year when it isn't leach month, but until then you need to be a good grandma to those Barbie Princesses and keep their shoes on their dainty little feet protecting them from the leaches outside :)