
Life has always been interesting to me and it never ceases to amaze me how Heavenly Father will give an answer to our hearts questions when we least expect it.
I have a college roommate who I finally found last year. We lived together our freshman year at Ricks College in Rexburg, Idaho. We were in choir together and made many lasting memories!
Although we don't ever see each other I've enjoyed becoming apart of each other's lives again through our blogs. She is extremely talented and her posts crack me up. So you can understand why I visit her blog, Katherines Corner, often. Especially when I see it has been updated, which is almost daily sometimes even more.
I've often prided myself in my attention to details and my observation skills. Yet an answer, a sweet precious answer, to my sincerest hearts desire has been there all along, disguised in its pretty white cursive, next to that beautiful butterfly I've often gazed at, if I would only take the time to read it. Tonight in the grogginess of my life I took the time and it read...
"...it may at times seem to us as though a loving Heavenly Father has misplaced our precious promises or He has put them on hold or filed them under the wrong name. When heaven’s promises sometimes seem afar off, I pray that each of us will embrace these exceeding great and precious promises and never let go...God will remember you."~Spencer J. Condie
"Who is this Spencer Condie?", I asked myself. So I did what any other person in the twenty first century would do, I "googled" him. He is a Seventy. Elder Spencer J. Condie of the Seventy gave the following message Claim the Exceeding Great and Precious Promises in the November 2007 Ensign.
Once again my favorite quote of all time by President Spencer W. Kimball echoes in my mind. "God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." Tonight my dear friend, without even knowing it, met my needs. The need to know that Heavenly Father hasn't forgotten me. That I, just as Rachel, will be remembered. It brings me peace at a time when my heart is troubled. I didn't realize my baby turning four would bring such mixed emotions to my soul.
The humorous side to this story is that instead of crying, which I would have most certainly done under similar circumstances, I laughed. I laughed so hard I almost cried. Why? Well because my little sister, Jamie, and I have a joke. Each time she has gotten pregnant we've teased that maybe we need to say a little prayer and tell Heavenly Father that we know people have gotten us mixed up before because we look alike, but if He can't tell us apart then we are really in trouble. We needed Him to stop sending the babies to her and start sending them to me.
Now of course my sister loves each one of her children and wouldn't trade them for anything in this world (on most days), but you can see why I would have thought it was humorous to me when Elder Condie mentioned our promises being filed under the wrong name.
8 comments:
cute picture... but I'm kind of sad that I've ben neglected and that you haven't put one of me on here with you :( come on! wheres the blog entry about how great of a person I am?!?!!! jk jk... maybe I need to blog about how great you are :)
oh and about the head bands... let me know what the girls favorite three colors are each, and they don't have to match, and I'll make them one, send them to you with directions and such so you'll have one to look at when you are making them... they are so easy!
Sweet Jodi...how grateful I am to have helped in such a small way, even just to pass on a message that has helped me just as much as it has helped you.
xoxo
I love that quote!! The truth is he knows us better than we know ourselves and we just get to discover what little we can along the way. Oh how I love my babies and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world, but there are definitely days I think to myself, "I am going to send them for a week at aunt Jodi's so I can breath a little and give her the big family she so desires for the week." Get ready my sister one of those weeks may be on your way!!
I'll take them all. You all are so precious. Even my five that I could of shipped off for a moment or too now I missed.
I too like the quote. Keep them coming. Any I can use in talks. Ha Ha
hijodi
likeyouremusic
I know its hard when they grow up! I cant believe the twins are 3. But Heavenly Father does know us! and He knows what we can handle and what He needs to give us! I cannot believe I am saying that with having a child with Autism and twins plus 2 others but I am and it is true.
Post a Comment