While visiting Nathan's grandmother some years ago in Abbeville, South Carolina she told us of a tree. One that she always saw taking the back roads to and from, I believe, doctor's appointments. It was the "lone oak" she called it. It stood alone in the midst of it's world along side the road that travelers would pass by on. I loved the thought so much that when we had gone back to say good-bye to Great Mama I had Aunt Barbara tell me where I could find it. I'm so glad I took the time to find it and capture this memory for I've thought of it often!
My life feels like that lone oak lately. I stand, with roots solid, as I watch others pass me by while on their travels. Each one busier than the next with whatever may be keeping their life on the go. Oh how I wish they would take a moment to recognize the possibilities. If they did they would see that it is a lovely place to stop and linger a while.
Last night I realized that with a change of attitude I can stop looking toward the road for comfort, but rather to the sky. Birds often found refuge from storms in the branches of this lone oak tree. And so I too can find comfort from the sky, from my Heavenly Father for He is truly the only source of comfort! Today it's a new day!
2 comments:
Good analogy - hopefully we'll both get a little more acclimated soon! I'd rather be in the forest I think!
You are full of insight these days my sister! Keep it coming!!
Post a Comment