"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Celebrating year after year...

It is impossible to put into words the way I felt when I became a mother. That moment when the world stopped and my heart was so full it overflowed through my tear ducts. I went from complete pain to an overwhelming joy in less than a second.


I always knew I'd be a mom. I had a plan. When Taylor was two we would try to have another child putting the two close to three years apart when I delivered. I remember the Christmas before Taylor's second birthday Nathan started dropping hints about having another child. I wasn't ready emotionally to venture down that path yet. Then around February, just a few months shy of Taylor's second birthday I was ready.

Month after month my heart was broken. I knew I had to be patient, but it was just so hard. Then when a year passed I knew something was wrong. Secondarily infertility, what the heck is that? You mean to tell me that once you have a baby you can still be diagnosed as infertile.

I remember that day as clear as if it were yesterday. I sat across the desk from my doctor, with my handsome husband, after having gone through a battery of tests waiting for our grades. Nathan had passed and I had failed, miserably. The months leading up to that moment I had prayed that if there were to be something medically wrong to please let it be me, but never once did I stop to think that there could actually be something wrong with me. My heart broke! I never pictured Taylor as an only child. I mean, we already had names picked out. What do you mean there won't be any babies to go with those names?

If I wanted to conceive another child I would have to undergo fertility treatment. In shock my doctor handed me a prescription. That slip of paper sat in my purse for almost five months when one day while on my lunch hour I decided to get it filled. I was ready. I had been ready months early for a child; yet I still had to prepare. I had to prepare myself for the possibility that there wasn't a pill in the world that could give me another baby.

Taylor was a few months shy of four when I found out I was expecting. With Taylor's pregnancy we only shared the news with family until I had finished my first trimester. With this pregnancy I couldn't shout it from the roof tops fast enough. It was a long, hard pregnancy! At one point we thought I was going to lose the baby we had desperately wanted for such a long time. Heavenly Father had a different plan and on September 9, 2005 at 12:18 p.m. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. She was 8 lbs 2 oz and 20 1/8 inches of perfection!


It's hard to believe another year has passed. With an imagination like hers you could go anywhere. She loves to sing and dance. Her little toes are always pointed and her hands wave from side to side just waiting for the right moment in the song to take a twirl. Headbands and ponytails only because that is how Taylor wears her hair. She still doesn't like cheese of any kind, but has broadened her horizon this year to eat pepperoni pizza so long as it is more dough, sauce and pepperoni than cheese. The in thing, well, it is movies! She loves movies and willingly goes down for nap if she knows that she'll be able to watch a movie afterwards. Some favorites include...breakfast = cereal, drink = apple juice, toy = prince and princesses, snack = fiber one oats and chocolate cereal bar, shoes = red, clothing = skirts, dinner = pink noodles (ironically enough Parmesan cheese pasta roni in a pink box), mommy = me!


I still believe with all of my heart that Heavenly Father has a plan for our little family. Until I figure it out I will continue to enjoy celebrating year after year with the two precious little ones He has given me.

4 comments:

Latisha said...

It will be interesting to see if she ever gets over that cheese thing! She is such a doll.

Jennifer said...

I miss seeing Katelyn's beautiful curly blonde hair. I can't believe she is four already!

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

happybirthday
kaitlynmisstya

Jamie Martin said...

Wow time sure does go fastly!! I can not believe my little princess is now four!!! Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!!!!