"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Monday, September 21, 2009

Thirty-five years...


Today in honor of my birthday I've decided to jot down some insights into my soul...sounds profound huh?

1-I love black olives! One time my sister K.C. bought me an enormous can from a wholesale club and I ate every single one.

2-I refuse to personally wear or let my daughters wear white or opened toed shoes after Labor day. You'd think I'd be more fashion sensible, but I'm not.

3-I sometimes snort when I laugh and if I'm laughing really hard I'll get the hiccups.

4-I get the hiccups every single time I eat carrots and a spoon full of sugar does take them away. My brother Clay taught me this trick on my sister K.C.'s wedding day.

5-My mom made me learn how to drive in a stick shift. She said that way if I was stuck somewhere and that was the only type of vehicle available I'd be able to drive it.

6-I wasn't allowed to get my ears pierced until I was sixteen.

7-My hair was permed until I was in my twenties.

8-I was married on my maternal grandmother's birthday and anniversary.

9-I try very hard to always send a thank you card when someone does something nice or has given me something.

10-I asked Nathan out on our first date.

11-October thru December are my favorite months of the year.

12-Thin crust veggie lovers pizza from the "Hut" is my favorite kind of pizza.

13-I sing alto.

14-I attended Ricks College after I graduated from high school and then transferred to Florida State University.

15-I have no qualms about approaching a complete stranger if they do not have their child in a car seat or have left them in the car alone.

16-I thought Spencer W. Kimball, the prophet of my church when I was a child, lived in my home congregation. There was a little old man that looked so much like him that I thought it was our prophet. As I got old enough to know better I learned that the prophet lives in Salt Lake City, Utah.

17-I almost died from appendicitis when I was seven years old.

18-My eyes change from blue to green depending on what color I wear.

19-I was a cheerleader when I was a freshman in high school and devastated when at tryouts they announced my name by mistake as having made the team. My mom and I were told after everyone had left that I wasn't going to be on the squad.

20-I love to plan parties, especially my girl's birthday parties!

21-I'd rather watch any sport in person than on the television.

22-I'm a night owl and many nights don't find myself in bed until way past midnight.

23-My favorite color is dark green.

24-I love sapphire jewelry, heck I love jewelry period!

25-I was diagnosed with secondary infertility at age thirty.

26-I love nuts, but hate ice cream with nuts in it.

27-I decided once when I was a teenager that I didn't like eggs and refused to eat them for an entire year. Why, because eggs were what was for breakfast and I wanted cereal. This is one of my brother Chad's favorite stories to tell about me.

28-Did I mention that I can be stubborn at times?

29-I'll listen to almost any kind of music, but my radio stations are all preset to country.

30-I love to dance, you know the let your hair down, get out and boogie kind of dancing!

31-One of my favorite childhood memories is when my dad would tell Brier Rabbit stories; "I'm gonna knock your head clean off!"

32-Mountains or beach; I choose beach.

33-I think Florida would be perfect if from October 1st until February 28th the lows would be in the 40's and the highs in the 60's.

34-I once climbed the fence to a public swimming pool in the middle of the night to slide down the water slide on a block of ice into the pool of snow.

35-I know beyond any shadow of a doubt that I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves me, knows me personally and wants me to truly be happy!

So it may not have been profound, but still gave you a tiny glimpse into who the last thirty-five years have helped me become!

8 comments:

Ash said...

It's so fun to learn new things about you!!!

I hope you had a happy birthday!!!

Miss you!!!

Jennifer said...

Hope you had a great one!

Vicky said...

You forgot to mention what a special daughter you are.

Jamie Martin said...

You also forgot to say that you have the best little sister in the whole world!

Vicky said...

That goes without saying it!

Latisha said...

Loved reading your list - miss you!

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hijodi

Heather said...

I found your blog! And now I'm being all sneeky and stalker-ish and reading about you! BUt I had to comment! My dad always read us Uncle Remus (Briar rabbit stories) when I was small. I've got a copy of the stories for David to read to our little ones one day =) Glad I found you!