"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, September 19, 2009

It is what it is...

While moving there were many days I could barely take the overwhelming weight of life's pressures. So to cope I would nonchalantly say "it is what it is". It has become my catch phrase. The other day I was talking with my little sister Jamie when she said it too, except she quickly changed it to..."it is what I make of it".

I've done a lot of thinking about what she said and the conversation that followed. And it is so true. Our attitudes can (and will) make a world of a difference if we choose to see the rose amongst the thorns. We don't have to take life sitting down. Circumstances may not change and "it" whatever "it" maybe might not change, but what I decide to make of it, well the possibilities are endless. Thanks James I really needed to hear that!

Jamie holding Brice. It is simply not fair that she can look that fantastic after having just given birth.

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Yes, I never did!!!

Marianne said...

I LOVE that! Thanks for sharing it. I'm going to steal it and put it on my blog :) I love to read your blog. You inspired me and were such a great example to me when I was a youth, and all these years later you inspire me still. Thank you for having such a lifting blog. I love blogs that talk about the good and getting through things and doesn't focus on the bads... :) I always feel lifted when I peak into your life. :)

Latisha said...

Excellent advice. I obviously need it, too! Thanks for sharing!

Jamie Martin said...

yes, I am very insightful!! If only I could live by my own advice!! That is the real trick.